One of the most used social networks is Instagram and it has already announced the “Limits” function and others so that its users feel more secure.
Instagram is already been a highly used social network for many generations. It started in 2010 and since then it has evolved and positioned itself among users more and more. In fact, it showed that it became one of the apps that already accumulates billions of users around the world.
Being exact and according to statistics, in January 2020 Instagram became the sixth most used social network in the world. It already has around 1 billion monthly active users.
Surprisingly, as happens with other social networks that time passes and they lose prestige or do not continue to attract so much attention, Instagram is the opposite and does not seem to lose users.
In fact, it is precisely Instagram that has shown to know how to adapt very well to changing times and that is why every so often it launches new features that keep the app much more alive.
This was, for example, that they were mutating the options of their filters to edit the photos, also the possibility of adding several photographs in a single post, adding pronouns to the profile and uploading photos and videos that then disappear after 24 hours, such as the famous ones. stories.
Not forgetting that you can create longer videos (IGTV) or also create those short videos that are already used a lot (called reels).
This is how Instagram has managed not only to remain at the forefront and validity of people but also to be the most chosen for several generations.
In addition to all this, now 10 practical Instagram functions have been revealed to prevent online bullying, a theme that prevails in the fear of many parents. It is relevant to consider that with the huge number of users who are already in the app, the issue of a person’s privacy is essential.
For this reason, the social network has long resorted to various protection measures against harassment, an issue that unfortunately happens frequently.
- These days Instagram launched a new feature of its app called “Limits”. Although it is still in the trial period – in some very selected countries – the idea is that all users have the possibility to choose – within a range of possibilities – whether or not they want certain content to be seen on their profile.
- Another classic option is to “lock your profile” when a person is harassing or harassing you.
- If someone’s content appears offensive, that user can be silenced.
- Comments on a post can be controlled and even restricted.
- The “best friends” function essentially also serves as an option to protect yourself from harassment
- Stories privacy settings are another way to maintain privacy.
- The same app is configured so that offensive comments are automatically restricted and eliminated because they contain profanity or incitement.
- Another option is to completely disable comments on posts.
- Many people know that they have the option of deleting their posts, although they can also archive them in the case at some point they receive several malicious comments.
- Finally, you can report any form of harassment and it is very simple since you have the option to “report” accounts, comments, publications and messages that are offensive.
Although for many these options may be something already known, this information is necessary for those who did not yet take it into account. They revealed 10 practical Instagram functions to prevent online harassment and we share them with you to take better care of your privacy. Did you already know them?